Sunday, October 19, 2008

Boys and Bears

Did you know that the term "Teddy Bear" was based on a cartoon depiction of Theodore Roosevelt refusing to shoot a leashed bear? My brother Mike always had a bear. His name was Ted. He used to take him everywhere. I remember having a Winnie the Pooh bear when I was younger, but the attachment wasn't as strong. Our friend Fion used to have an old, ratty comfort blanket that he affectionately, if not creatively, called "Blankety." That one's a little harder to explain...
It's too soon to say what Ryan will become attached to (I'm still hoping Smurfs make a comeback!), but so far he's received a lot of stuffed bears and other animals from friends and family. Here are a few pictures of him wearing his "I Love DC" outfit hanging with his pals.


No comments: